Polylang 1.8.1

Polylang 1.8.1 is a maintenance release. The main goal is to fix a regression introduced in version 1.8 concerning secondary queries with translatable post types and non translatable taxonomies. It also fixes a few other minor bugs that I noticed while testing during the last week.

Facebook and WordPress introduced a lot of new locales during the past year. I updated accordingly the mapping between these locales used for Opengraph support when Polylang is used in conjunction with Yoast SEO or Jetpack.

Three new translations have been moved to languages packs (ca, de_DE and pt_BR). And a brand new translation was created (es_CL). Today, already 16 languages packs are available for Polylang. 27 older translations are still supplied with the plugin. Thanks a lot to the translators and translation editors for their work.

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Polylang 1.8.1

  1. UnknownSqurrel

    Hi. Might be a silly question, but how do I get ” pll_the_languages” and ” pll_current_language” integrated into another plugin? Seems like some of the other functions works like a charm, like “pll_default_language”, but I do only get an empty array using “pll_the_language”. Though they all seems to work fine from a theme, but that’s not my initial goal.

  2. Edir Pedro

    Hi, i would like to suggest an improvement on Sincronization feature because it’s very useful. The configurations uses the same rules to all kind of content and using WP as a CMS and having more post types we can’t use all the options we wanted.

    In this situation I could have the post type Post to write the Blog and sincronize all the contents available, except the post thumbnail, because in portuguese i could use an image with a subtitle direct wrote into the image and for english content i could use another image with the same subtitle translated, resulting in two different images for each Post. But for the post type Product I could sincronize all the contents including the thumbnail image because there is no subtitle here, only the product image for portuguese or english version.

    So my suggestion is to let us configure these settings for all kind of post type running on WP, individually, like in this mockup (https://i.imgsafe.org/7c78520.png)

Comments are closed.